Thomas J. MacDonald
Get Your Rough Cut DVDs and Plans!
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 14 7:25 am View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Wifey is Coming HOME

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 09 2:10 pm   
Bench Dog

Well, after 7 weeks working out of town and a week spent visiting the kids and grand kids, WIFEY is coming home today. Of course, it may put a crimp in my shop time, but that will be okay for a short while. Ok,, I went down my check list:

-Cleaned all three bathrooms
-Vacuumed and dusted throughout the house
-Filled the fridge with things she might like to eat and drink
-Did all the laundry, (yes, folded AND put away)
-Put fresh linens on the bed and fluffed the pillows
-Emptied all the trash cans
Before I go out to get some fresh flowers what did I forget?

Help me out guys!

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 09 2:42 pm   
Bench Dog

Make sure you are cleaned shaved, showed, smell good. Oh Ya have some dinner ready.

Good Luck!!!

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 09 3:18 pm   
Bench Dog

Freddy Roman wrote:
Make sure you are cleaned shaved, showed, smell good. Oh Ya have some dinner ready.

Good Luck!!!

Good points Freddy.... Personal hygene is important. I'm heading to the shower now. LOL. Heck, I even plugged in the air fresheners she likes so the house smells nice too when she gets home.

Just got home from picking up a dozen fresh red roses for her. Hope that makes her happy.

Wifey typically doesnt like to eat much after traveling (380 miles today), so I have some fresh fruit, her favorite beverages and Velveta to make grilled cheese sandwiches if she wants one.

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 09 8:36 pm   
Green Lumber

FLWoodRat wrote:
Well, after 7 weeks working out of town and a week spent visiting the kids and grand kids, WIFEY is coming home today. Of course, it may put a crimp in my shop time, but that will be okay for a short while. Ok,, I went down my check list:

Help me out guys!

Seems like the "Wifey" is getting good use out of her favorite tool..............

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 09 11:59 pm   
Bench Dog

Bruce,
I think you have all the serious bases covered.. just make sure to tell her you missed her and you're glad to have her back. :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 09 6:10 am   
Bench Dog

Well guys, thanks for the advice.

Wifey made it home safe and sound, although very tired. Of course I told her I was glad to have her home and that I missed her. She actually noticed that I had the house cleaned up and she really appreciated the roses. We will see what today brings when I get home from work.

As a side note, she said that since she was not at home for most of the time that I was building the latest blanket chest and as such has not seen the finished product, she was going to come out to my work where it is on display (to support sales of the United Way raffle tickets) to see it. She is my most critical judge (and usually right), so I look forward to her comments.

Rat.

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 09 7:50 am   
Dr. Bombe

i donno....if rachel was gone for 7 weeks....i would expect a foot rub,my laundry done,dinner a movie and a pint of ice cream ready for ME :!: asap upon her arrival.. :shock: ....but thats me :D and if anybody was goining to be smelling nice...it sures as heck wouldn't be me.. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 09 3:02 pm   
Bench Dog

TOMMY MAC wrote:
i donno....if rachel was gone for 7 weeks....i would expect a foot rub,my laundry done,dinner a movie and a pint of ice cream ready for ME :!: asap upon her arrival.. :shock: ....but thats me :D and if anybody was goning to be smelling nice...it sures as heck wouldn't be me.. :lol: :lol:

Tommy,

You forgot. I've been married to this special lady for over 33 years. And we all know, she deserves better than what I give her.

:lol:

Rat.

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 09 6:14 pm   
Bench Dog

Gee, Tommy......... We would never expecT such a chauvinistic attitude from you!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Do or do not. There is no try.
Play Like A Champion Today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 09 12:52 am   
Bench Dog

TOMMY MAC wrote:
i donno....if rachel was gone for 7 weeks....i would expect a foot rub,my laundry done,dinner a movie and a pint of ice cream ready for ME :!: asap upon her arrival.. :shock: ....but thats me :D and if anybody was goning to be smelling nice...it sures as heck wouldn't be me.. :lol: :lol:

I thought I was the only one. My wife would be happy if there weren't a pile of dirty dishes in the sink, because she'd know that for 7 weeks I would have been woodworking every day and living on pizza and diet coke. You're a good man FlWoodrat!

State Lic# 971338

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 09 5:07 am   
Bench Dog

paulcomi wrote:
TOMMY MAC wrote:

I thought I was the only one. My wife would be happy if there weren't a pile of dirty dishes in the sink, because she'd know that for 7 weeks I would have been woodworking every day and living on pizza and diet coke. You're a good man FlWoodrat!

Paul,

I don't know if I am a "good man" but I am a moderately smart one. LOL...After all these years with her, I've learned a few things that might keep me out of trouble. Only time will tell.

Bruce

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 09 8:57 am   
Bench Dog

FLWoodRat wrote:

Help me out guys!

Dont forget to celan the cat boxes. :D

As the sun pulls away from the shore, and our boat sinks slowly in the west...

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 09 10:33 am   
Bench Dog

Dana...

No CATS to clean up after. But we do have Rex, our Rhodesian Ridgeback Hound. Good thing he has been house broken for the past 11 plus years.

Bruce :D

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 09 7:52 pm   
Bench Dog

Bruce,
I'm betting that you housebreaking that dog is probably one of the best things you've done in your marriage. That's a big dog, with a big appetite, which leads to big _________. I'll let you fill in the blank. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 09 6:52 am   
Lumber Ruler

FLWoodRat wrote:

OOOHHHHH RAT..................You are such a thoughtful sweet man. Guys you definately need to take lessons from him.

Robin Renee'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 09 7:01 am   
Lumber Ruler

TOMMY MAC wrote:
i donno....if rachel was gone for 7 weeks....i would expect a foot rub,my laundry done,dinner a movie and a pint of ice cream ready for ME asap upon her arrival.. ....but thats me and if anybody was goining to be smelling nice...it sures as heck wouldn't be me..

Tommy,

Yea,Yea,Yea, :roll: You may have these guys fooled, but you don't have me fooled for one min!! If Rachel was to leave for 7 weeks............You'd cry like a BIG BABY!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Robin Renee'

Forum rules
By using this forum and/or its affiliated web sites, you are agreeing that under no circumstances will the owners, moderators, its affiliates, or any other member listed on this site be responsible for (1) any information contained on or omitted from the site(s), (2) any person's reliance on any such information, whether or not the information is correct, current or complete, (3) the consequences of any action you or any other person takes or fails to take, whether or not based on information provided by or as a result of the use of the sites. 207 Woodworking, 207 Forum, Thomas J. MacDonald Fine Furniture, Inc. and their affiliates also have no responsibility for (4) any person's satisfaction or use/misuse of any information or advice obtained through these sites.

The Owner and Moderators of this site do not attest to the veracity of, nor accept any liability for, the opinions or suggestions posted by any individuals on either site. When using tools, equipment or chemicals, one should always read, understand and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and disposal.