Howdy fellas, long time no see. Man, I thought the 207 was gone, in fact I've been under that impression for at least the last year, sheesh.
Also, major congrats to Tommy on getting the show!
That took a lot of work and perseverance and is a very impressive accomplishment.
Scott got a hold of me the other day and let me know the 207 yet lived, so I thought I'd give you guys a shout out and update my thread. I guess I'm in the minors now, and even though I'm hitting well below the Mendoza line, I have made some recent progress on this table.
It looks as if the last time I posted I was getting ready to do the paterae. These kind of proved to be rather frustrating, I was really wanting to do something off the beaten path, but the more complicated designs I tried weren't turning out to my liking, so I went with something simple. In the end I think they're okay, nothing great, but they don't ruin the table either.
I also recently constructed the knuckle joint for the rear legs. This was interesting, but it seems to work well. I've seen a couple different ways to do these, but in the end I just followed Steve's example. I used 1/4" brass rod for the hinge pins. I have pics of how I made these, but I'm not finding them at the moment. Anyway....
After gluing on the legs, they work pretty well....
I also dug out the board for the two tops, I'm glad to have stock wide enough to get them out of without trying for a grain match for each leaf. I cut them from the one board so them match each other quite well. I just hope the stay flat.
I'll go ahead and post these to make sure it goes through, more in a bit.