Here are a few pictures... not much progress w/ my work schedule.
I have gone back and figured out the correct angles for the oval...
so I'll post the completed fan in a few days.
I am not actually sticking to your plan... I'm using cherry as the primary wood and making it to use in our entry hall, so the table is a bit larger. Instead of the stringing w/ holly, I'm considering using epoxy w/ a pigment. I did a test piece and it came out really good.... I used black pigment which stood out nicely against the cherry.
I think everything in this project is a 1st for me... so thanks foe the challange and the support.
I have a few more images at this URL: http://picasaweb.google.com/1bladeruiner/HallTable#