Thomas J. MacDonald
Get Your Rough Cut DVDs and Plans!
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 14 7:02 pm View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours

bombe deconstrution

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 08 2:09 am   
Green Lumber

Hey tommy 1st time to log in . I think your podcast is great I've been watching the bombe cast. I'm up to the deconstuction of pigen holes. It's easy to work out after the fact but I think you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you would have clamped two peices of pine on each side of the drawer dividers and pounded on the pine or used a pipe clame to press them out instead of hitting the dividers. another option is to put some peices of pipe insulator on the front and hit with rubber mallet or use hide glue that you can loosen by heating it up. I'm glad to see that doing the job right is so important to you. I think you have great talent an in time you will over come mistakes that cause you to tear a lot of hard work apart. Not many people get a chance at a great commision like you have . Have fun and be careful out there.

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Jim Brokenbourgh

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 08 9:23 am   
Dr. Bombe

hey man welcome to the forum..i hope you get a chance to post some work in the 207...your right i should have done anything but what i did...but i knew all the pieces were junk days before i took it apart....all the dados were wrong ...so i knew i needed new pieces for the most part...i have been meaning to build with hide glue more..maybe i will use it on the next piece i film...all good advice man...thanks...but it made a great podcast...i think it is the most commented on......i though it would have been me and al singing and dancing ...but noooo :shock: ..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 08 12:08 pm   
Green Lumber

Oh Tommy boy aka cool man .Your right it did make a cool pod cast it had me almost in tears I've been there it
ain't no fun . I don't have anything as cool as your work to post. I know it might be posted some were but I've only
been watching for 3 days Who is Steve and is Al a friend or relaitive and is dave real guy or just a figure of speech ?
Keep om poding

Jim B

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 08 2:16 pm   
Dr. Bombe

hey jim...well steve is my friend and dept head over at the north bennett street school and my go to guy with most of my projects ...al is a friend from my town who has been hanging around my shop since we met..he loves to come here and break my b :shock: :shock: ls....plus he is always lending me a helping hand...and most of all he loves the camera...loves it!!....trey and dave are the guys behind the show ...doing all the work....building the site,forum editing video,posting video....and i got to say i think you should post pictures here ..i know most dont do what i do but it is always great to see r what guys are doing and being able to ask design questions and all the stuff....so i encourage you to do so...and everybody else...this is your forum..and like they say...you get out of it what you put into it...

thanks1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 08 11:33 pm   
Bench Dog

[quote="i think it is the most commented on......i though it would have been me and al singing and dancing ...but noooo :shock: ..[/quote]

I would have thought the 'bob marley' episode would have been the most popular. My side was hurting for 20 minutes after seeing your wood shaving dreadlocks. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 11 12:05 am   
Spectator

I've saved the podcasts for years (not much good woodworking video makes you want to pace things out). I just now watched the pigeonhole deconstruction. Looking at the title, I was expecting a long 'deconstruction' of the design of the upper pigeonhole assembly. And then you started the podcast showing the completed upper assembly and I was wondering what was going on.

About thirty seconds later I realized where you were going and had to turn it off and walk away for a while. I just couldn't watch what I knew was coming.

Tommy, I totally admire your commitment to doing it right, but that was some of the hardest video I've ever watched.

I've made mistakes and had to tear out and replace/repair, but nothing on the scale of that deconstruction. And I've ranted and raved at myself in the same manner before. Kudos for doing it right (and for not losing it and smashing the piece -- I've been mad enough at myself to almost do that a few times).

Brian

Forum rules
By using this forum and/or its affiliated web sites, you are agreeing that under no circumstances will the owners, moderators, its affiliates, or any other member listed on this site be responsible for (1) any information contained on or omitted from the site(s), (2) any person's reliance on any such information, whether or not the information is correct, current or complete, (3) the consequences of any action you or any other person takes or fails to take, whether or not based on information provided by or as a result of the use of the sites. 207 Woodworking, 207 Forum, Thomas J. MacDonald Fine Furniture, Inc. and their affiliates also have no responsibility for (4) any person's satisfaction or use/misuse of any information or advice obtained through these sites.

The Owner and Moderators of this site do not attest to the veracity of, nor accept any liability for, the opinions or suggestions posted by any individuals on either site. When using tools, equipment or chemicals, one should always read, understand and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and disposal.